The CME Institute will accept commercial support under the following conditions:
- A need for the educational activity has been documented by the CME Institute of Physicians Postgraduate Press, Inc.
- An educational grant request describing the scope of the activity has been submitted to the commercial supporter.
- A letter of agreement has been signed by both the CME Institute of Physicians Postgraduate Press, Inc., and the commercial supporter. The letter of agreement will delineate the budget for the educational activity and acknowledge that full control for the planning and implementation of the activity is the responsibility of the CME Institute of Physicians Postgraduate Press, Inc.
- The commercial supporter will be acknowledged in all printed materials and at live activities.
- All activities will be planned and implemented in a way that complies with the AMA Guidelines on Gifts to Physicians, the FDA Guidance on Industry-Supported Scientific and Educational Activities (1997), the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals (2003), and the OIG Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers (2003).
- Activities that are certified for credit toward the AMA Physicians Recognition Award will comply with all the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Essentials, including the Standards for Commercial Support.